• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss the original nick minaj :(

Posted Images

Good news: 4 of the 6 characters that will be added in Dragon Ball FighterZ Season 2 have been accidentally revealed. They were pretty obvious choices that most had guessed, with Jiren, Super Broly, and Gogeta Blue (which brings the count of Gokus up to 3, two halves in Vegito and Gogeta, and a technicality on Goku Black). It was the fourth that was less predictable: Videl! It ain't the world champ, humanity's savior over Cell and Majin Buu, Mr. Satan, but it's close. And Videl brings the Champion of Justice, the Great Saiyaman, with her!

Bad news: it's short hair Videl. Pigtail Videl or bust!

0a9f83c74aa363d27a5c4054e2066492.jpeg

Hey, there's some cool news. Darksiders: Warmastered Edition is coming to the Switch. Better late than never, considering that the original release of Warmastered was only months before the Switch, and the Wii U version came out after the Switch itself (and released at all). And the original original version is almost 10 years old. I'm only bringing this up because I played the original version on the PS3, and I think it's an excellent game. Think of it as a 3D Zelda, with an overworld, dungeons with puzzles, an item that allows solving the puzzles in the rest of the dungeon, and a big boss at the end that rewards a Heart Container, all with the aesthetic and combat of God of War. I thought it was really good.

And if it does well, it could warrant Switch ports of Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition and Darksiders III, which would be nice. Or, you know...you could just buy the older versions of the game. The original Warmastered is $20 new, and the old version (which is perfectly serviceable, there was no DLC, so it's just a lower resolution and less stable frame rate) is dirt cheap if you know where to look.

War-darksiders-10468476-1024-1491.jpg

If, for whatever reason, you're not buried in Kingdom Hearts III at the moment, Dragon: Marked for Death releases on the Switch today. It's an Inti Creates game, which is already all I needed to know, and it's also created by a lot of core team members from Mega Man Zero and ZX. Truthfully, since Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX is likely still a long way out, this is currently the only game on the Switch I have interest in. It should be really good.

dragon-marked-for-death-sept122018-1-826

God, I love Tooru Nakayama's art style.

Kingdom Hearts III is finished on my end. What a journey, from first playing Kingdom Hearts I in summer 2015, all up to now. And I can't say I'm disappointed in the final product. That doesn't mean there's nothing I think could have been done better, there certainly is, but that's par for the course in this series. As it stands, there's a strong chance that this could be my favorite Kingdom Hearts game to date...but I still really love II, man.

v0ajBuJ.jpg

Either way, I'll just go ahead and call it Game of 2019. No other game this year will feature Aqua.