Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Average Life (game) updates, requests, and questions

This thread is for requests for the omorashi and diaper fetish game dubbed Average Life. Here you can request to join development, share ideas,  and maybe even learn about future updates. Be aware this is non profit game (not even ads) so if you do ask to join development you will not be paid. Its only a hobby. Thanks everyone in advance for helping out~!

(P.S, game is here)

Edited by MistressMolestia (see edit history)
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Press 'r' to poop."   Yeah... no thanks. I'd be much better have that shortcut removed in the game.

Okay, you seriously need to stop disliking me.☹️

The package of diapers should be 20-25 packs instead of 10 packs.

(is unable to comment in the downloads section for reasons outlined here)

I can't buy cloth diapers, and am unable to locate the place where you buy plastic pants. The 'design' category or whatever for custom diapers currently does nothing, as far as I can see.

Walking is too slow, driving is still difficult to control. The steering is the reverse of what I feel like it should be. It's currently done basically from the point-of-view of you being inside the car. It'd be much easier to control if it was independent of the car's position, e.g., up/down/left/right always makes you go north/south/west/east on the map, regardless of which way you are facing.It would probably also help both make the car more useful and add realism if the car was restricted to the gray part. It's too easy to get stuck against trees, walls, signs, and corners, though I suppose the latter would still be an issue. Additionally, I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but I can't get gas, which is pretty not good, considering I could in the original release. Is there some sort of trick to it?

The control scheme needs simplification. I use a gamepad to play, and it's annoying how little utility half of the buttons have. If I were to make a suggestion, instead of a separate button assigned to each clothing category, just have them all assigned to the main action button, with a confirm screen to prevent headaches. Player stands on pants, presses left key, dialogue box pops up with "Do you want to wear these Pants? Y/N", player chooses yes, pants appear. Definitely a lot less headache-inducing than inadvertently stripping yourself down trying to remember which one is the pants key.

Finally, once these pretty basic mechanical hurdles have been cleared, the game needs more direction. Right now the only vaguely discernible goals are "Don't die.", which is itself a recent addition I have yet to experience, "Get more money.", although as of yet it is of really limited use, and "Don't get thrown in jail.", which is pretty hard to do unless you're trying. I guess the real choice to make is if the game ultimately winds up being a life sim or RPG. After that, getting ideas will probably be easier.

I'd love to help in any way I can, but given my essentially non-existent coding chops, I'd probably be restricted to test playing/making hopefully helpful suggestions.

(is unable to comment in the downloads section for reasons outlined here)

I can't buy cloth diapers, and am unable to locate the place where you buy plastic pants. The 'design' category or whatever for custom diapers currently does nothing, as far as I can see.

Walking is too slow, driving is still difficult to control. The steering is the reverse of what I feel like it should be. It's currently done basically from the point-of-view of you being inside the car. It'd be much easier to control if it was independent of the car's position, e.g., up/down/left/right always makes you go north/south/west/east on the map, regardless of which way you are facing.It would probably also help both make the car more useful and add realism if the car was restricted to the gray part. It's too easy to get stuck against trees, walls, signs, and corners, though I suppose the latter would still be an issue. Additionally, I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but I can't get gas, which is pretty not good, considering I could in the original release. Is there some sort of trick to it?

The control scheme needs simplification. I use a gamepad to play, and it's annoying how little utility half of the buttons have. If I were to make a suggestion, instead of a separate button assigned to each clothing category, just have them all assigned to the main action button, with a confirm screen to prevent headaches. Player stands on pants, presses left key, dialogue box pops up with "Do you want to wear these Pants? Y/N", player chooses yes, pants appear. Definitely a lot less headache-inducing than inadvertently stripping yourself down trying to remember which one is the pants key.

Finally, once these pretty basic mechanical hurdles have been cleared, the game needs more direction. Right now the only vaguely discernible goals are "Don't die.", which is itself a recent addition I have yet to experience, "Get more money.", although as of yet it is of really limited use, and "Don't get thrown in jail.", which is pretty hard to do unless you're trying. I guess the real choice to make is if the game ultimately winds up being a life sim or RPG. After that, getting ideas will probably be easier.

I'd love to help in any way I can, but given my essentially non-existent coding chops, I'd probably be restricted to test playing/making hopefully helpful suggestions.

Thank you very much for the feedback, its very helpful indeed. For the walking speed problem try keeping your energy full, it helps a bit (I'll still look into it.) As for the car controls they were made some time ago so I know they need work. As for the pump it seems a bug has happened.. I'll fix it soon (very soon). Somewhat embarrassingly it seems I forgot to fully implement the "buy" option for cloth diapers... and currently you don't buy plastic pants, instead they are already in your wardrobe. Also design is not yet implemented and thats why it says "NA".

Considering all the help you have been I would be more than happy to send you each release before it is uploaded to omo.org via a dropbox link if you feel up to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to mention about the car, but I see you've already noticed that.

I think I accidentally found the easter egg? in one of my many attempts to figure out how the game worked... well no I won't spoil it. but a thing happened and I was quite perplexed for a minute there.

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to get a job. There's somebody in the colour shop that says something like "it looks like I'm jobless now" but I can't seem to interact with them in any way.

overall, I like it. I've spent the last hour or two tooling around and finding out just how many ways I can make the character pee, and I've been simultaneously frustrated and amused by my own inability to calculate how long it's going to be before the inevitable happens.

Another (new) car bug has popped up. In the current version, when ever you try to get in, you're warped to a point to the left of the garage, sans car. You can control and "exit" the car as normal until it vanishes from the screen, then you're stuck. So now it's less useful than before.

thanks *sigh* none of these bugs exist in the version prior to exporting.. I don't get it.. oh well, we'll try to fix it.

I was going to mention about the car, but I see you've already noticed that.

I think I accidentally found the easter egg? in one of my many attempts to figure out how the game worked... well no I won't spoil it. but a thing happened and I was quite perplexed for a minute there.

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to get a job. There's somebody in the colour shop that says something like "it looks like I'm jobless now" but I can't seem to interact with them in any way.

overall, I like it. I've spent the last hour or two tooling around and finding out just how many ways I can make the character pee, and I've been simultaneously frustrated and amused by my own inability to calculate how long it's going to be before the inevitable happens.

Go up to the diaper factory or the underwear modeling building. just press F-11 for the map and check the notes for more details~!

Go up to the diaper factory or the underwear modeling building. just press F-11 for the map and check the notes for more details~!

okay. new question. how does the diaper testing job work? I can't seem to put on one of the diapers from the conveyer belt. the dialogue thing says press right-ctrl. but that doesn't appear to do anything. I feel bad that I keep peeing on the diaper factory's floor!

I think you realized this by now, but that NPC has nothing to do with anything. It's just that since MM updated how the color shop works, he no longer has a function.

okay. new question. how does the diaper testing job work? I can't seem to put on one of the diapers from the conveyer belt. the dialogue thing says press right-ctrl. but that doesn't appear to do anything. I feel bad that I keep peeing on the diaper factory's floor!

You must first drop any pants and underwear, and then press right ctrl (for clarity, this means the ctrl key on the right half of your keyboard, not the directional key). It should equip a diaper on you. 

You must first drop any pants and underwear, and then press right ctrl (for clarity, this means the ctrl key on the right half of your keyboard, not the directional key). It should equip a diaper on you. 

OH! yeah that's where the problem was. I was trying to press the right arrow and the ctrl key on the left half of my keyboard. I assumed it was a dual button command. okay. thanks!

okay.  new new problem. I sat my little character down on the toilet because she was starting to have to pee and definitely had to poop. she peed just fine. got the little "phew! I made it!" dialogue. great. but then she was like "oh no! I soiled myself!" and a little poo pile appeared on the floor. despite the fact that she was still actively sitting on the toilet and peeing at the time. any idea what caused that glitch?

currently you have to hold left to use the toilet, and it can take a while before the poo meter (wow i feel so dignified typing that) goes down all the way. IDK maybe your character needs to eat more fiber?

no I know that. like I'd thought that I'd figured out how the toilet using thing worked. she hadn't actually stopped peeing yet. she was sitting down, actively peeing, and then somehow managed to poop on the floor? I'm very confused.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, so. SOmetimes I'm in the middle of working at the factory and my character will just pass out, or I'm in a different town and this happens. After I spend time in the hospital, I go back home and start trying to do things again, and I pass out again. Does anybody know what's up with that?

You're probably not eating enough food.