Sign in to follow this  

Help Opening a File

I'm hoping there's some knowledgable technological people on here. I didn't see any other places where this would be better suited so I'm posting it here.

Today I randomly stumbled across a pee movie that I tried hunting down a few months ago unsuccessfully. It was split into 9 parts and took me about 7 hours to completely download due to restrictions of the filehost.

The parts are labeled with extensions .rar.z01 through .rar.z08 and the final part has the extension rar.zip. When I try opening them, it gets changed to a rar.zip.cpgz. I googled that extension and ended up downloading an unarchiver that is supposed to open it. It didn't. It just gives me a folder with the rar.zip file in it, that I'm again unable to open.

Another suggestion said to change the extension to .rar and open it that way. This also didn't work.

Does anyone have any idea how I can open this?

What you downloaded is a multi-part archive. What you need to do is extract it with WinRar or 7zip or a similar file. All you have to do is extract from the rar.01 file. It's the only one you really need to worry about.

Though, seeing as I've never seen a z## extension before (or if I have, I've forgotten it), that may not work. It's worth a shot anyway.

Sign in to follow this